As Relay GSE expands nationally, there will be an increasing need to build strong financial systems to provide institutional financial management. Relay GSE seeks a Director of Finance to manage all aspects of day to day financial management and planning. Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, this individual will play a central role in budgeting and forecasting, internal and external reporting, grant management, student billing and communication, accounting, audits, and strategic planning efforts for the finance team. In short, this is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in supporting the national growth of a cutting edge graduate school of education through sound and strategic financial management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all reporting and daily financial operations
- Work with the Senior Director of Finance to manage the annual budgeting process, monitor the status of organizational and departmental budgets, and monitor cash flows
- Collaborate with budget managers throughout organization to maintain updated, accurate budget projections
- Create and present robust tuition revenue and cash flow forecasts and related monthly reporting to senior leadership
- Continuously improve financial operations and ensure a seamless, high level of customer service for colleagues, students, and partners
- Build and maintain current accounting and reporting policies while refining sound fiscal policies and processes aligned with organization’s mission and goals
- Lead Finance Team through the preparation and completion of annual audit
- Manage junior accounting staff in implementing all bookkeeping and accounting processes
- Collaborate with the Manager of Development to produce and monitor grant budgets
First and foremost, the Director of Finance must share the team’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher training. Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Master’s degree, preferably an MBA
- Start-up experience preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and intensely in order to juggle multiple priorities in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles, knowledge of nonprofit accounting and reporting a plus
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in MS Office; specifically, expertise in Excel and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
- Authorized to work in the United States
Relay GSE offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.